As we already mentioned in DigitalOcean Review, DigitalOcean has a long list of useful features. Nevertheless, users of DigitalOcean are encouraged to provide feedback and vote on the features they would like to have on UserVoice. We have compiled a list of officially planned features as below:
- IPv6 (already available at some locations)
- Load Balancer
- Custom Disk Size
- Brazilian Data Center
- Sharing Images between Accounts
- Backup Image and Snapshot Download
- CPU Upgrade for More CPU Power
- Cloud Firewall
- Deployment on Different Physical Machines
- Team Accounts
- Lower TTL Values in DNS
- Traffic Stats of Droplets
- Discount for Long Term Payments
- Recurring PayPal Payments
- Options not to Receive Root Password via Email
- Custom Alert Thresholds for CPU, RAM and Disk Usage
- Allow File Attachments in Support Tickets
- Web Login Attempt Notifications via Email
- Login IP Addresses Whitelist for Better Security
The above is by no means a comprehensive list of planned items. They are just some of the popular features and have been officially confirmed by DigitalOcean.
By using a feedback and voting system like UserVoice, DigitalOcean will be able to listen to the large community, prioritize a long list of planned improvements, and attract more potential customers even though some important features are not currently available.
The link to the feedback system is at the lower right hand side of the control panel. If you have a suggestion or feedback for DigitalOcean, or would like to participate in the discussions on planned items, just click the link described above or just go to UserVoice.com and leave your comments there. If you are not a DigitalOcean customer yet, we would suggest that you give them a try. For a limited time, DigitalOcean offers each new customer a promo code. If you sign up for a new account, you can test their hosting risk-free for 2 months.